Saturday, March 14, 2009

God will answer our prayers - Faith & Healing

I'm still reading through the book of John. I have overwhelming faith right now, that God can and will heal any ailment that you are experiencing. God is sovereign. He has the power to heal if you believe and ask him too. I pray right now that there is a healing touch over any one's body who needs to be touched by the hand of God. I know a friend of mine who is struggling with muscular dystrophy. I proclaim healing in her body by the name of Jesus Christ. God says that "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, then you will ask for anything you wish, and you shall have it" Tonight God, I ask for healing in my best friend's body. Lord take every muscle that causes her pain and may all pain be released. I will not give up God. I will keep praying for a miracle for her every single day.


I love how at times, I do not want to actually take the time to read the bible; but when I put forth the effort, God meets me there. Tonight, I read about the Holy Spirit. God gave us the Holy Spirit to stay with us forever until Jesus returns (John 14:16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever. He is the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God.)

My grandmother is 75 or 76 years old. She is the woman I aspire to be someday. She has lived her life loving everyone else as if they were her own child. I think she truly exemplified this concept: "The greatest love a person can have for his friends is to give his life for them." My grandmother would give her life for any of her grandchildren if she had too. She loved like Christ loved us. A series of unfortunate events (some including the simple process of aging & dying) has led her to her sad position that she is now. Over Fourth of July weekend last year (2008) we thought she was going to die. I was thankful to have decided to go down to Missouri that weekend to be with her. She was in the ICU, critical condition, and the doctors told us to prepare ourselves. My father along with his two brothers had made the painful decision that if she had stopped breathing, that they would not attempt to revive her. This was a hard time for my family. We had hope, but we assumed that God would decide to take her at that time. My brother asked me to go with him to find the hospital chapel so we could pray for her. During this time, we prayed together, and then we prayed separately. While I was praying on my own, God gave me this overwhelming calm and peaceful feeling. I knew immediately that she was going to be fine. I KNEW she was going to make it through the night. I had witnessed someone else become healed from a physical ailment once before and this was the exact same feeling I experienced then. I told my brother what I had felt and we both just kept praying that this was truly God's word. The rest of the night, I did not worry as much. I knew that I had heard from God and that he was going to spare her life. This is exactly what happened. My grandmother made it through the night!! It was amazing. Later, I also found out that my grandma had some type of experience with God, I think it may have been a vision. Anyway, in this, she is speaking with Jesus and she is telling him that she is ready to go home. Jesus replies telling her that no, he is not ready for her to come home yet. He still has something for her to accomplish. I don't know what it was she has to do yet, but I think it is amazing that God can use a woman who is 76 years old!!!! It just goes to show that God does use every single person who calls upon His name!!

Anyway, that about sums it up for tonight! God loves us all! He can use you, no matter where you have come from, what you have done, or where you feel that you are headed. He loves us all equally and cares SO much about us. He DIED so that we may live a life free from pain and agony.

Remember...

"The greatest love a person can have for his friend is to give his life for them"....

That is what Jesus did. He loves you.


God Bless,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment