Sunday, March 15, 2009

God's Word Will Not Return Void

My husband and I have decided to start a bible study. For right now it will only be every other week but it is starting April 9th. While we were talking and praying about it, a half of a verse popped into my mind. It had to do with God's word not returning void. I could not remember the exact verse or even where it was located. So, Ben and I did a search for it and we came across this:

11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
12 “ For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;"

This is found in Isaiah 55.

When I first looked at it, I immediately looked at in the aspect of God speaking to us regarding the bible study. I felt that God was saying if we tell people about Him, the Holy Spirit will do the rest for us, his word will never go out void. It will always accomplish something "it shall accomplish what I please." In my mind I saw it as a blessing from God saying go forth! Hence verse 12, "For you shall go out with joy, and be lead out with peace."

Another interesting view of this verse came from my husband. (I love reading things and seeing how differently we interpret them) Ben immediately thought of Christ. After all, in John it does say that Jesus is the same as the word who is the same as God. (WoW, that can seem really confusing I know! Let me know if I need to explain it). Anyway, Jesus was sent out by God to "accomplish what [God] pleased." And, of course, Jesus did not return void. Jesus returned victorious! He had cleansed us all of our sins and conquered death.

Here is the entire passage that I felt connected too:


8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 “ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
12 “ For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
The mountains and the hills
Shall break forth into singing before you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree,
And instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree;
And it shall be to the LORD for a name,
For an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”

If you look at this passage as a whole, I see that God is God of all. He controls everything, the snow, the rain, the sun, the moon. I felt that this could also become a message to anyone who is prideful or someone is trying to accomplish something all by them self. You have to remember, God is in control, if you let go, let God handle it, it will save you stress and anxiety. Plus, it will turn out so much better than if you tried to make things happen on your own. If you follow God, he will allow you to go forth with JOY and PEACE with the TREES CLAPPING and MOUNTAINS SINGING!


God bless everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This passage in Isaiah 55 is priceless. The Word of God shall not return void, whether we consider it to be Scripture, or Jesus, or the lives of all the people in the world (the Word of God is all of them really). It's important to keep in mind that whether people believe the Word of God or not, or whether they have different interpretations from ours, we're all part of God's plan and thus we all accomplish exactly what He means for us to do. Such is the glory of God.

    May He be with you always~

    ReplyDelete