Friday, June 26, 2009

God Loves You

"I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our trouble my joy knows no bound." 2 Corinthians 7:4

When I first read this, I read it as God speaking to me telling me, "I have great confidence in you", "I take great pride in you", "I am greatly encouraged {by you}". Take a moment to reflect on these words coming from God. You see, God wants us always to have confidence in Him, pride in Him, and to be encouraged by Him; but he also wants us to know that he has those SAME feelings towards us!!! How great is that that we serve a God who believes in us, loves us, and cherishes us!!

Now we come to the last part of the verse, "in all our trouble my joy knows no bound." As you may recall, joy and hope tend to be my theme towards life and my relationship with God. Jesus wants us to always have hope and joy in our life, and when we have that, we cannot be bound by an earthly trouble. I also think we could look at this in the light of God. You see, I'm sure we give God a lot of trouble when we do not do things that honor and glorify Him. But, just as God desires us to have joy, God also always has joy towards us. He has faith and believes in us. If he didn't, he would not have loved us enough to send his son to die on the cross so that we may enjoy eternity in heaven.

I love you all and remember that God loves you!

-Ashley-

No comments:

Post a Comment